Sunday, June 7, 2009

Serena of the Sea

created for Swap-bot's "Art doll swap"
This is Serena of the Sea
She loves to dance & twirl the seaweed like majical ribbons.
She enjoys music & is known for her lovely voice as well.
------------------------------
Mermaid
by: Walter de la Mare
Leagues, leagues over the sea I sail Couched on a wallowing dolphin's tail.
The sky is on fire, the waves a-sheen,I dabble my foot in the billows green.
In a sea-weed hat on the rocks I sit,where tern and sea-mew glide and beat,and where dark shadows the cormorants meet.
In caverns cool when the tide's a wash,I sound my conch to the watery splash.
From out their grottos at evenings beam,the mermaids swim with locks agleam.
-------------------------------------
I hope you all had a great weekend. As always it was over too quickly but I did get some things accomplished.
Progress with my artwork at the gift shop has been made in a definite meeting with the owner to look over my work this Thursday. woo-hoo I'm getting excited.
Have a marvelous Monday tomorrow. Now I'm off to do laundry & crank out some pendants!
JILL

1 comment:

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

aww she is very sweet ,lucky partner.Just finished a swapbot swap 5 minutes ago.