Sunday, April 26, 2009

Going to fly away

Fairy Lamp by: Iva Wilcox
Fairy Boat by: Lisa Kettell

Pictures of ZNE Convenzione 2008 by: Jillzwhimzy
pic 1) Kris Hubick of Retro Cafe & me, 2) me & Sally Jean Alexander, 3) my pink house,
4) SARK & me, 5) me & Donna "Bonnie blue denim", 6) view of CA
7)Tina "Pretty Posies" & Connie "Peregrine blue", 7) me & Tina, 8) Donna, me, Julee Hermann,
8)my little pink house, 9)ZNE zaftig chunky book, 10) building with a crown on top



I am trully looking forward to leaving Ohio for California this Wed. It's time for ZNE's annual Convenzione in Pleasanton, CA. I was lucky enough to go last year & take a class with the master of solder Sally Jean Alexander. She was Fabulous & I loved my "little pink house"

I met some super great artistic women! It will be wonderfl to see some again & meet others.



This year I'm lucky enough to go again & stay with the sweet Lyn "Glyterbug."



I will be taking 2 classes one with Iva Wilcox to make a "fairy Lamp" She is so mega talented, & I can't wait to see her again. This lamp is incredible in the picture I'm in awe!



Second I'm taking Lisa Kettell's "marionette theatre" class. Her stuff is right up my alley just ask my 12 yr old. When choosing classes he said "Mom that looks like something you'd make." Lisa is a super artist & blogger too & I'm looking forward to meeting her in person.



If you don't know about ZNE & do or like any form of altered art you should join at http://www.zneart.com/
It's a wonderful support system full of great friendship & inspiration.



So off I go & upon my return I will give you a full report along with pics!

Don't forget to read my previous post about the Giveaway "Random Acts of Kindness" & consider signing up :0)

Jill






4 comments:

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

OMG i have dies with jealousy Sally jean Alexander,i have her book i adore it,i treasure it and all my family thought me crazy for wanting it.I have made a few soldered things too but am not a great solderer.OMG i cant believe you did a workshop with her uggggh Australia is so far from anywhere...
Hugs
Jules
of the Aussie Boon docks

PeregrineBlue said...

Jill: Have a wonderful trip and learn a lot of techniques for us all to share when you get back. Wish I could be there with you. Did you hear about JoAnna's husband? He has brain cancer and is in quite a shakey situation right now. JoAnna is from MossHillStudio and she is by far my favorite altered artist together with Pam Carriker. Say hello to Chel for me if you get to see her and Chrysti Hydeck who I really love. Blessings.

Little Lovables said...

love those picks! how exciting to do those classes

Unknown said...

Great photos...thanks for sharing...so happy to have found your blog too!!! (((hugs)))